Valve have introduced the winners of the 2020 Steam Awards, as voted by gamers. In many of the classes video games are eligible in the event that they’re launched on Steam after November, which is why 2020’s recreation of the 12 months is Pink Useless Redemption 2, which made it to Steam in December of 2019. Rockstar’s cowboy-em-up additionally gained the award for Excellent Story-Wealthy Recreation, beating a number of common contenders and likewise Detroit: Change into Human.
The Labor of Love award contains video games from earlier years that acquired post-launch help gamers contemplate value celebrating. The remaining are fairly self-explanatory.
Here is the total checklist of winners, with the nominees in brackets.
- VR Recreation of the Yr: Half-Life: Alyx (Phasmophobia, The Room VR: A Darkish Matter, Thief Simulator VR, Star Wars Squadrons)
- Labor of Love: Counter-Strike: International Offensive (Amongst Us, Terraria, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, No Man’s Sky)
- Higher With Mates: Fall Guys (Sea of Thieves, Borderlands 3, Deep Rock Galactic, Danger of Rain 2)
- Most Progressive Gameplay: Dying Stranding (Management, Superliminal, Noita, Teardown)
- Excellent Story-Wealthy Recreation: Pink Useless Redemption 2 (Detroit: Change into Human, Mafia Definitive Version, Metro Exodus, Horizon Zero Daybreak)
- Finest Recreation You Suck At: Apex Legends (Crusader Kings 3, Ghostrunner, FIFA 21, GTFO)
- Excellent Visible Fashion: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Battlefield 5, There may be No Recreation, Marvel’s Avengers, Black Mesa)
- Finest Soundtrack: DOOM Everlasting (Halo: The Grasp Chief Assortment, Helltaker, Want for Velocity Warmth, Persona 4 Golden)
- Sit Again and Calm down: The Sims 4 (Microsoft Flight Simulator, Passable, Untitled Goose Recreation, Factorio)
- Recreation of the Yr: Pink Useless Redemption 2 (Hades, DOOM Everlasting, Fall Guys, Dying Stranding)